The first reason to prevent mold is to keep yourself and your family healthy!
A Harvard University Study of ten thousand homes in the United States and Canada found that over half of the homes had water damage and mold. In the study, the presence of mold was associated with a substantially higher level of respiratory problems.
The American Lung Association and the US Consumer Products Safety Commission estimated that one third to one half of all structures within the US have damp conditions which can encourage mold growth. The study goes on to say, “This information is indicative of the problem. Mold doesn’t go away or become healthier over time.”
A Mayo Clinic Study linked nearly all the chronic sinus infections that trouble approximately thirty seven million Americans to mold. Recent studies have also linked mold to the tripling of the asthma rate over the past 20 years.
According to the EPA 90% of our time is spent indoors.
The Mold Proof Inspection
The Mold Proof Inspection usually lasts one hour. We look for mold and mold-friendly conditions, so even if mold isn’t growing, we will find any places that could have future growth. Once complete, we’ll give you a clear, in-depth report of everything we find, complete with a diagram of your home, any mold-friendly conditions we find and suggested courses of action. Oh, and it’s free.
We walk you through the laboratory testing results, showing which species of mold are present, what their effects are, and how much is present compared to the natural outdoor environment.
The Mold Proofing Process
- Hot Zone Installations: Treatment of basement, crawl spaces & attics — called “Hot Zones” — including their masonry, plastic, metal, wood, structural framing, plumbing, HVAC, sheathing, joists, trusses and foundations.
- Full Home Mold-Proofing: The Hot Zone Installation plus all living spaces — inside walls, under cabinets, upholstery, carpets and other flooring, HVAC, even door handles and drawer pulls! Our process is safe, and leaves no chemical residue. In fact, we only use environmentally friendly products.
- Additions & Expansions: Customized solutions for your home’s addition.
- Mold Proof Your Office: Everything you see above also applies to commercial properties. Whether you only need a small office treatment or need to get your entire office park mold-proofed, we can help! Our processes are safe & leave no chemical residue.
Environmentally Safe Products
- Reduce: The most important element of any eco-friendly movement is to reduce consumption, so we make it a point to find ways — as a company — to focus on what we really need. We find that many tasks can be solved with a similar set of methods or products, which reduces our consumption.
- Reuse: We’re committed to finding ways to cut out waste and be more efficient. We strive to reuse what we can, while keeping a healthy & clean work environment. We also take part in ongoing training to make sure we’re always using the most effective methods.
- Recycle: Whenever possible, we purchase supplies and products that use recycled materials. All the containers we use feature 100% recycled materials.
Green Performance Chemistry
- Guaranteed Effective: Everything we do requires effective chemistry to work. We use Microbloc products, which are all guaranteed to be effective. Microbloc has some of the best chemists around, and they have come up with some amazing, cutting-edge formulas!
- Guaranteed Safe: Microbloc also guarantees that their products are environmentally safe. That means they’re safe to live and work around.
- Reduce: Microbloc formulas are delivered to Mold Proof providers in a concentrated solution which minimizes packaging size, transportation fuel costs, and allows us to carry fewer containers around each day.
- Reuse: Mold Proof’s protective coatings are made for both new and existing structures — even when mold removal is needed. This means we don’t usually have to replace surfaces in homes and offices. We also reuse all bulk shipping containers such as drums, totes and tanks.
- Recycle: All of the products we use come in 100% recyclable containers.
- Cutting Edge Chemistry: Our breathable coatings start with a clay and ceramic-based suspension that is held together by acrylic resins. The cool thing is, our resins do not have any volatile organic compounds (VOCs). So they’re safe to breathe! The Mold Proof antimicrobial won the 1996 Green Presidents Award for “Developing Safer Chemicals”. All together, these products are the safest, most durable coatings on the market today.